Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Christmas Tree Cross Stitch Ornaments

I needed a quick ornament for the leaders in my department. Normally I would have just given them the stockings that I made for the rest of the team but I gave those to them last year. So to find something unique, easy and cross-stitch/quilty so I can use up my Christmas fabrics.

I saw this great image on http://www.betterbudgeting.com/christmasornaments08/countrycrossstitch.htm  I had seen many other Christmas tree pillow ornaments but liked this tree best. The poster, Lisa Speed of GA, gives a basic tutorial so I sketched my own tree, added my own buttons and used 4 - 4" squares of Christmas fabric for the backing. Turned out pretty cute, and it will do the trick.

I will post a "play by play" when I do the next ornament so you can see how I did it.




No comments:

Post a Comment